Alburtis Animal Hospital
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Action Plan
Rev. July 13, 2022
During these challenging times, we all need to remain flexible in our planning and procedures, but inflexible in our desire to serve each other in the best way we know how given current circumstances and guidance from governmental and health authorities.
Alburtis Animal Hospital is now operating under the following guidelines since the governor of Pennsylvania has announced that COVID-19 mitigation measures have been lifted in Pennsylvania. We likely will adjust as we go based on how things progress in our community and with our clients and staff. Comments are provided to give background, rationale, and potential outcomes.
- As of April 4, 2022, our regular business hours are:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with hospital admissions starting at 7:30 am
- Wednesday - 8:00 am to 6:00 pm with hospital admissions starting at 7:30 am
- Friday - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with hospital admissions starting at 7:30 am
- Saturday/Sunday - CLOSED
Face covering/mask policy:
- We are following the current guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and our governor's office for our County to not require mask wearing of any staff or clients. We are continuing to recommend that all clients and staff who have had direct exposure to a patient with COVID-19 to continue to wear a mask in our facility. If a client expresses a desire for our staff to wear a mask in their appointment, we will happily oblige.
- We are returning to allowing clients in the building with no current restrictions to the number of clients allowed for an appointment aside from our typical space limitations.
- We will still be providing “curbside” appointments for clients who wish to continue with that mode of service for any reason.
- When you arrive at the hospital for your pets appointment or admission time, you may call our main phone number at 610-967-7387 when you are parked in the parking lot if you would like to have a "curbside" appointment or wish to enter the building only once a room is available for you and your pet to enter directly without having to wait in our reception area.
- Curbside appointments:
- A technician will come to retrieve your pet as soon as possible.
- Cats must be in a carrier.
- Dogs must have a leash attached to well-placed harness or collar.
- We are focusing on a quick handoff of your pet in the parking lot.
- The individuals coming to get your pet will place a slip leash on a dog on the ground/pick up the carrier with cat/small dog in it and bring your pet into the building.
- We will not get pets out of the car, take a pet from your arms, lean into the car, stand and talk to you at the car window, etc.
- We will try to discuss your pet’s medical needs as much as possible over the phone either before or after your pet is taken into the hospital. After the exam, necessary testing, etc., we will return your pet to your car along with any needed medications, foods, etc.
- Payment for all services and medication/food will be accepted as usual by cash, check, credit card over the phone, or Care Credit via the link on our website
- If you have come in direct contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19, or have tested positive yourself, your animal should only be seen in truly urgent situations. You should send your pet to Alburtis Animal Hospital with a trusted agent and be available by phone during the exam.
- While you stay outside Alburtis Animal Hospital for your pet's appointment or to pick up food/medication, you should stay in your cars, or if standing outside, you will need to try to be at least 6 feet away from our employees (leash distance.)
- For hospitalized patients, only the pet, pet food, and medications will be accepted since sanitization of toys and bedding is too difficult during these circumstances.
- We understand people are looking to stock up on pet foods and medications and we are hoping to accommodate this as best possible with a limit of no more than a 60-day supply of medications that are dispensed as individual doses. There are some medications for which we have a very limited supply that we will need to limit to no more than 30-day supplies.
- If you wish to purchase any Hill's foods, please consider going to https://hillstohome.com/register-pet to register for HillsToHome delivery of your food.
- We will attempt to fill additional necessary medications on a case-by-case basis. This will depend on the Doctor's recommendation, the type of medication and the availability of that medication. Currently, we do not have much of a shortage, but that can change quickly. As a reminder, you can order these items on our online store via the link at alburtisah.vetsfirstchoice.com and have them delivered to your home to help avoid unnecessary travel and contacts.
- We will accept payment by phone and deliver food & medications we have in stock to your car in the parking lot if you would prefer curbside delivery.
Refills on Pet Food & Medications:
We will send out follow-up emails as things change. Please check our Facebook page www.facebook.com/AlburtisAnimalHospital for information as well.
These are unprecedented times. Please try and support our local businesses as best possible. These have been very trying times, but we can work together to help one another.
Please be kind and patient to all. We will do all we can to help the pets, our team and our community to work through these difficult circumstances.
Please be patient with us as we try to accommodate our patients and clients in as timely a manner as is possible given the absolute limitations of how many appointments we can physically see in a day.
Stay safe and healthy.
The doctors and staff of Alburtis Animal Hospital
Informational resources for Novel Coronavirus COVID-19: